Where do you practice?
- I work both in person and online.
- For in person sessions I am based from two locations in North London:
98A High Road
Canonbury Natural Health Clinic
265 Upper St
- I practice online using Google Meet, the past two years have shown how effective working online can be, there are different benefits to working both in person and online.
- If your situation changes, I am open to moving between both in a planned and structured way.
What do you specialise in?
- I am trained as an integrative counsellor and coach, so I draw on different tools and modalities to support clients with a range of different personal and emotional issues.
- I move between Counselling, Psychotherapeutic Counselling and Coaching according to the needs of each client.
- I have experience working with anxiety, depression, OCD, low self esteem, shame, addiction, grief, sexuality, gender expression, sex and sexual health, inter-generational patterns, intersectionality, cultural expression and integration, body dysmorphia, self-harm, neurodiversity, relationships and parenting.
What is the difference between counselling, psychotherapeutic counselling, and coaching?
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Counselling are terms which can be used interchangeably and there is much overlap between them. However, there are some subtle differences.
- Counselling is usually more focused on a particular present issue and the work may be looking at behaviours and solutions relating to this. It is generally shorter-term work.
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling is usually longer term and a deeper exploration of the past and how it impacts the present, looking at the bigger picture and life patterns.
- Coaching is goal orientated and solution focused, the emphasis is on the present and the future. Coaching looks at practical steps to achieve personal goals and provides support in times of transition.
Can I work with all three approaches?
- Yes, absolutely. Our work together may take many forms, the beauty of these different approaches is that they complement each other and can be used at different stages of the therapeutic process.
- I often weave coaching into the counselling work so that there are practical steps to take along the way if this feels appropriate.
- Equally you may wish to return at a later stage to work in a more practical and goal orientated way once you are further along your journey.
- We will keep an open dialogue about this so that my approach suits your needs at each stage in our work together.
What ages do you work with?
- I work with children and young people aged 11+ and adults of all ages and tailor my approach to the age and individual needs of each client.
- Drawing on ten years’ experience as a qualified youth worker, I have had much experience in working with and engaging vulnerable young people from varied backgrounds. I am passionate about supporting young people to understand their potential and to use their unique gifts to overcome life’s challenges.
- I also work with adults of all ages and am committed to helping my clients develop a compassionate relationship with their inner children so that they may become more integrated, healed and whole.
How long are the sessions and how long will I be coming to sessions for?
- Sessions are 50 minutes long.
- Length of time working together will vary according to your situation and needs.
- A minimum of six sessions is advised to make the best progress and get the most out of the therapeutic process.
- It is worth being aware that once you start sessions you may begin to see things from new perspectives which will lead to longer term work.
- Equally you may feel that things have improved quicker than anticipated, it is best to keep an open mind to how the process will unfold.
What about pricing?
- My rate is £75 per 50 minute session.
Do you offer concession rates?
- Yes I do, I hold a set number of concession rates. If you are unwaged or on low income please inquire.
Get in touch
Will what I say be kept confidential?
- As a registered member of the BACP I practice according to their code of ethics.
- I am committed to your privacy and will only share information in very rare circumstances.
- These exceptions would be if you are in imminent danger to yourself or others or that someone is in danger to you. If you are unable to seek the necessary support I have a duty of care to seek this on your behalf.
- The second exception is if you intended to commit a major crime. In such a case I have a legal responsibly to disclose this information with the relevant authorities.